In Episode #7 Steve sits down with guest Cameron Mortenson fly fisherman and owner of The Fiberglass Manifesto.
I fell in love with The Fiberglass Manifesto blog the first time I visited it. The articles, the photography and the layout were all superb. It didn’t take a lot of time before I was hooked (pun intended) and started looking for a fiberglass flyrod to try for myself. At the same time I reached out to the owner of the website, Cameron Mortenson and asked if he would like to be a guest on the show. Cameron accepted and after a couple weeks to align schedules we sat down and had an entertaining and educational discussion about fly fishing and the resurgent of fiberglass flyrods. A resurgence that many fly fisherman feel (myself included) Cameron is responsible for.
- Introduction to Cameron Mortenson
- Cameron’s start with Fly Fishing
- Types of fishing and Cameron’s journey to glass rods
- A history of The Fiberglass Manifesto
- Steve’s fly fishing journey
- Why you should consider trying a glass fly rod
- Cameron’s recommendation for a beginner or aspiring fly fisherman
- Mid range rod recommendations
- Reasons glass might not always be the first recommendation
- Do your own research as well. A great site is the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum
- Closing comments
Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and review. We would also appreciate ideas for future podcasts so let us know what you would like to hear or make recommendations for guests on the show.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Freakin’ awesome podcast! Keep up the fantastic work!
Thank you Kent!