In Episode #10 Nick and I sit down with writer, bowyer and archery historian extrodinaire Jay St. Charles. I met Jay in 2012 on a hunt in South Carolina and over the years we have gotten to be good friends. In this episode we spend some time talking to Jay about what it was like growing as a St. Charles and the birth of Bowhunting seasons in Washington State. There are some great nuggets of information in this one, you won’t want to miss a minute.
We also announce the winner of the 5/6 wt Fly Rod and reel combo at the start of this episode as well.
- MLA Spring shoot and the 3D season with Nick
- Introduction to Jay St. Charles
- Jay’s introduction to Traditional Archery
- Growing up a “St. Charles”
- Establishing (the re-establishing) a bow season in Washington State
- Archery seasons can go away or be reduced if we do not stay vigilent
- The birth of Pope and Young Club
- Northwest Archery and Jay continues the St. Charles legacy
- Closing comments
Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and review. We would also appreciate ideas for future podcasts so let us know what you would like to hear or make recommendations for guests on the show.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Be the first to comment