In Episode #13 we proud to have our good friend, fellow podcaster and deer hunter Jason Samkowiak on the podcast to talk about his newly released DVD set which is sort of a “Part 2” of his Scouting for Whitetail tutorial DVDs. His DVD’s are simple, straightforward and are packed with real woods experience about what to look for if you want to get “stickbow close” to whitetail deer this fall. You can find more information about Jason’s podcast and the DVDs on his website, Traditional Bowhunting and Wilderness Podcast.
In this episode we also introduce a new segment to the show called “Passing Down Traditions”. We plan for this to be a regular segment going forward where we will take just a few minutes to share any news or information related to preserving our outdoor traditions or in some cases it may be hints or suggestions around passing down traditions by getting youths involved in the outdoors. We hope you will find this information useful and timely.
- Intro to Episode #13
- Welcome Jason Samkowiak
- Jason is headed out for Spring Bear this week
- How he started with the Scouting DVD Project
- What terrain Jason prefers to hunt and what terrain he would like to spend more time learning
- Introduction to “Passing down traditions” a new mid-roll section of the podcast
- “Passing Down Traditions”
- Pre-planning routes to hunting locations
- Using terrain and where to set up
- Closing remarks
Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a rating and review. We would also appreciate ideas for future podcasts so let us know what you would like to hear or make recommendations for guests on the show.